Hi there I'm Jack

Sunday 17 April 2011

Spruce up your home for spring.

Spring time is with us again and Easter is just around the corner.

I love this time of year, seeing the daffodils and the tulips bloom cheers the heart and can make the dullest day seem bright.

In the spring I get an inbuilt motivation to sort out those cupboards, declutter and then get into the shops to purchase some lovely new products, filling the space I have just created.

In Jack’s Nic Nacks this week I have selected some new lines that are out there in the high street, which I intend to go out and purchase for my home, but equally they could make a great Easter gift.


John Lewis, never cease to amaze me with the their choice of products. They have some great affordable Easter gifts in stock at the moment. I've Selected a couple below:



£24 Hotel Chocolate thick chocolate egg
 
Meri Meri Cup Cake holder £9

John Lewis chick egg cups £4 each
 
Easter Things to make and do £9



Easter Dining
I think Easter time is an excellent opportunity to gather the family together for an afternoon treat, and there's something exciting about creating your own table. You don't necessarily need a coordinated dinner service. I've often used a "mix & match" method where you can utilise what you already have, adding those extra Easter touches. Which makes your dinner table your very own unique creation. Below are some designs from Portmeirion, a great British brand that are available on the High Street at the moment."Instead of flowers, create a centre-piece out of fruit or nuts or chocolate: things you can eat after the meal." 
Secret Garden by Portmeirion for John Lewis
 
Sophie Conran White for Portmeirion avaiable from John Lewis


Botanic Garden by Portmeirion available from John Lewis

Here is a personal favourite of mine and a sneak preview of Diane Von Furstenberg's glamorous new tableware which will be available from Selfridges in the near future.

I hope you enjoyed this week’s blog. Next week; I will be giving my recommendations on purchasing Royal Wedding Commemorative items as a reminder of Will and Kate’s big day.
Until the next blog then………….

Jack

 













No comments:

Post a Comment